Works notice – Traffic and driveway access changes on Clinch Avenue and Murray Road
20 Dec 2021
The Victorian Government is removing four dangerous and congested level crossings at Oakover Road, Bell Street, Cramer Street and Murray Road, and building new Bell and Preston Stations. The level crossings will be removed by raising the rail line over the roads, improving safety and accessibility, and delivering new community open spaces.
From 27 January to 5 February 2022, the Preston Level Crossing Removal Project will be installing L-beams (concrete structures which will form the new rail bridge) over Murray Road and at Clinch Avenue.
To complete these works safely, we will be required to block driveway access at night on Clinch Avenue, including the driveway for 6-8 Clinch Avenue and the Budget Car Rental business at 4 Clinch Avenue. The closures will be from 8pm to 8am Monday 31 January to Saturday 5 February. Please note access to the Clinch Avenue driveways will be maintained during the day, from 8am to 8pm as will pedestrian access to the building.
The works will also require two overnight closures of Murray Road on Thursday 27 January and Thursday 3 February, from 7pm to 7am.
Please note delivery of the bridge beams needs to occur at night due to Department of Transport regulations.
The deliveries are heavily dependent on a range of factors including weather conditions. Every effort will be made to complete these works on schedule however, dates are subject to change.
- Murray Road closed at the level crossing from 7pm to 7am on Thursday 27 January and Thursday 3 January
- Clinch Avenue closed from William Street to Murray Road, from 8pm to 8am, 31 January to 5 February
- Driveway access to 4 and 6-8 Clinch Avenue will be blocked from 8pm to 8am, 31 January to 5 February
- Murray Road northern footpath will be closed nightly at the level crossing from 7pm to 7am on 27 January and 31 January to 5 February. Detours are in place via southern footpath.
- The Clinch Avenue footpath will remain open to pedestrians.
What to expect
- Local traffic and driveway access changes
- Some noise and dust from construction machinery
- An increase in construction workforce and vehicles in the area
- Late night/early morning truck deliveries of rail bridge segments
- Temporary lighting towers and generators in place for night works
To keep up to date with driveway access changes, please sign up to SMS updates by texting CLINCH to 0428 581 917.
Every effort will be made to complete these works on schedule however dates are subject to change.
If you have any questions or would like more information about the project, call us on 1800 105 105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours a day, seven days a week.