Works notice – Thompsons Road to Cranbourne Station
02 Nov 2020
Works on the Cranbourne Line Upgrade are continuing with strict health and safety protocols in place.
The health and safety of our workers and the community will remain our key priority as we undertake works on the Cranbourne Line Upgrade.
We will continue to follow the directions of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) as we safely complete works on this project.
What we’re doing
Throughout November, construction crews will work in the rail corridor between Thompsons Road and Camms Road and in around the Cranbourne Station, to:
- Build crushed rock haul roads along the rail corridor, between Thompsons Road and Camms Roads
- Excavate, pour and drill new foundations and install steel structures to support the overhead train line equipment
- Dig trenches, using non-destructive digging equipment to install underground cables to support the operation of the trains within the rail corridor
- Remove and reinstate sections of the track to allow for the installation drainage
- Establish a construction storage area at the corner of Camms Road and Fairfield Street
Upcoming night works
We will work during the day and night in the rail corridor between Thompsons Road and Camms Road and in and around the Cranbourne Station, when the trains are not operating, from 9pm Wednesday 25 November to Thursday 3 December
What to expect
- Throughout November our crews will work in the rail corridor, between Thompsons Road and Camms Road and in around Cranbourne Station between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm on Saturdays
- Occasionally we’ll work till 6pm on Saturdays
- From 9pm Wednesday 25 November to Thursday 3 December, crews will work during the day and night, in the rail corridor between Thompsons Road and Cranbourne Station
How this will affect you
If you live or work near the rail corridor, you may notice
- Construction noise during day and night works generated by the machinery including excavators, crane, rollers, non-destructive digging machinery, trucks and light towers
- Workers on site in the rail corridor between Thompsons Road and Camms Road and in and around the Cranbourne Station
- Construction vehicles, including excavators, non-destructive digging machinery and trucks will access the rail corridor via Monahans Road, Camms Road and Cranbourne Station
- Traffic management in place on Monahans Road, Camms Road and in and around Cranbourne Station to assist in construction vehicle access into the rail corridor with minor delays expected
- Temporary lane closures and traffic management may be required at times on Camms Road to allow works to take place safely. Please take care and follow the directions from traffic management staff.
- Increased construction vehicles on local roads near the works area
- Buses will replace trains between Dandenong and Cranbourne on the Cranbourne Line from 8pm Wednesday 25 November to the last service on Wednesday 2 December
Health and Safety
The health and safety of our workers and the community is our key priority as we continue to work on the Cranbourne Line Upgrade. For more information about coronavirus, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au
If you have any questions or concerns about these works or the Cranbourne Line Upgrade, please contact the Level Crossing Removal Project on 1800 105 105 or send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org