Works notice – Changes to the way you travel in Mooroolbark and Lilydale
25 Aug 2020
Construction on the Manchester Road and Maroondah Highway level crossing removal projects has been deemed critical under Stage 4 restrictions and works will continue with strict health and safety protocols in place.
Workforce numbers have already been significantly reduced to support directions from the Chief Health Officer.
The health and safety of our workforce and community remains our top priority.
Under new restrictions workers on these sites are required to wear face coverings unless they meet any of the criteria for an exception such as a medical condition or for OH&S guidelines.
Physical distancing measures are in place as well as increased hygiene practices.
What works will happen during this time?
During the next six weeks the construction activities that you may notice will include, but are not limited to:
- Lane/road closures with detours and traffic management in place
- Intermittent temporary parking removal
- Pedestrian detours
- Minor changes to bus stop locations
- Closure of Brushy Creek Shared Use Path
- Vegetation removal
- Site investigations and vacuum trucks at various locations
- Fence installation
- Excavation, boring and service relocation works.
Nightworks and changes to train services
Over the next six weeks there are two planned weekends of nightworks where buses will replace trains. Details on impacted train services can be found on the Metro Trains website.
Nightworks are planned for the following weekends:
- 9pm Friday 28 August to 5am Monday 31 August
- 9pm Friday 25 September to 5am Monday 28 September
Further details around these works will be available on the Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) website.
Alternative commuter parking
- From 21 August the commuter car park at Mooroolbark Station will close and the offset car park in Cardigan Road, Mooroolbark will open.
- In September, the western car park at Lilydale Station will close and an offset car park will open in Market Street (Lilydale Showgrounds), Lilydale.
What to expect
- Two weekends of 24-hour work
- General works will be carried out from 7am–6pm Monday to Friday and 8am–1pm Saturday
- Construction noise and activity, with vehicles and workers on site
- Large machinery including excavators, vacuum trucks, boring machinery
- Use of chainsaws and mulching machinery
- Traffic management will be in place to facilitate the safe delivery of construction material and equipment using large trucks.
Keeping in touch
Our distribution partners are unable to deliver work alerts, project updates and disruptions information to your letterbox during Stage 4 restrictions.
Please sign up to our email updates at levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/contact/subscribe, so we can continue to keep you informed about our works in your area. Our team is regularly updating our website and social media channels for both level crossing removals.
You can find more information on our website for each project at:
If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact the LXRP Contact Centre on 1800 105 105 or email@example.com.
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project