Works notice – Site investigations at Brunt Road, Beaconsfield level crossing
01 Dec 2021
The Victorian Government will remove 10 more dangerous and congested level crossings by 2025, bringing the total to 85 level crossings gone for good. We're removing 22 level crossings on the Pakenham line. 11 are already gone, 6 are going and now we have added another 5.
To better understand the area to inform the design of the Brunt Road Level Crossing Removal Project, we need to undertake early investigations and site assessments.
What to expect
- Between Monday 10 January to Tuesday 31 May 2022, site investigations will take place near Brunt Road near the level crossing and within the rail corridor.
- These works may include ecological assessments, localised drilling through the ground in various locations along the rail line and road reserve to investigate soil, rock, and groundwater conditions. These investigations will assist us in locating where underground utilities lie.
- Construction personnel, vehicles and equipment will be onsite undertaking the works.
- Project staff will be inspecting the roadside and the rail corridor.
- All works will occur during the day from 7am to 5pm, between Monday to Friday with some works out of hours required at times.
- Every effort will be made to complete these works on schedule, however dates are subject to change.
How this will affect you
- The works are not expected to be disruptive, however some activity and construction related noise may be noticeable from machinery.
- Traffic and pedestrian management will be in place to help you move safety through the area.
Health and safety
Works are continuing safely on Brunt Road Level Crossing Removal Project with COVIDsafe plans in place to help protect workers and the community.
Strict processes are in place to check and record the vaccination status of workers entering construction sites.
For more information about coronavirus COVID-19, please visit the coronavirus website.