Works notice – Returning to work on Fitzgerald Road Level Crossing Removal Project
22 Dec 2021
We’re getting on with the job of removing the dangerous and congested level crossing at Fitzgerald Road, Ardeer by building a road bridge over the rail line.
The level crossing removal at Fitzgerald Road in Ardeer has progressed and we are ramping up construction activities to open the new road overpass by 2023. Works are well underway on the new bridge and road alignment.
Returning to work in 2022
Construction works will recommence from Tuesday 11 January 2022. You may notice an increase of activity within the project area and more construction vehicles on the road.
Upcoming changes to the way you travel
- Intermittent lane closures on Forrest Street will be required to undertake service relocations and intersection works throughout January.
Throughout January, we'll:
- start building the new Fitzgerald Road intersection onto Forrest Street
- continue to install retaining wall panels next to the bridge support walls either side of the rail line
- relocate underground services on Forrest Street.
What to expect
- We’ll work Monday to Friday, between 7am and 6pm and Saturday from 7am to 1pm. Some additional out of hours works may be required.
- Some construction noise and activity, with construction vehicles and equipment in operation.
- Reduced speed limits, intermittent lane closures and traffic management will be in place to help you move safely around the area.
Health and safety
Works are continuing safely on the Fitzgerald Road level crossing removal project with COVID Safe plans in place to help protect workers and the community.
For more information about coronavirus COVID-19, please visit the coronavirus website.