Works notice – Preston utilities works
29 Jan 2021
The Victorian Government is removing four dangerous and congested level crossings at Oakover Road, Bell Street, Cramer Street and Murray Road, and building new Bell and Preston stations.
The level crossings will be removed by raising the rail line over the roads, improving safety and accessibility and delivering new community open spaces.
Murray Road pole replacement
To allow our team to safely remove a power pole on Murray Road, there will be lane closures on Sunday 31 January 2021, from 7am to 5pm. The following closures will be in place:
- Both westbound lanes on Murray Road will be closed between Clinch Avenue and St Georges Road, with detours via High Street and Bell Street. Local access will be maintained (see map below).
- One eastbound lane will close on Murray Road between the level crossing and Clinch Avenue.
- Clinch Avenue will be closed at the corner of Murray Road. Access to Clinch Avenue will be via High Street.
- The Preston Station bus stops on Murray Road will be closed in both directions. Passengers for the 527 and the 903 will need to use the next stop at High Street.
Jemena will be undertaking power works on 7, 8, 10, 12 & 13 of February. To ensure these works are carried out safely, one westbound lane on Murray Road will close between the level crossing and Clinch Avenue (see map below).
There will be no power outages as a part of these works.
What to expect
- Traffic management and detours in place.
- Some noise from work crews and increased activity in the area
- Operation of construction vehicles and equipment
Health and safety
The health and safety of our workers and the community is our key priority as we continue works on the Preston Level Crossing Removal Project, as is supporting physical distancing measures in line with current health advice.
We have strict protocols in place to protect the safety of our construction workforce, including enhanced industrial cleaning arrangements, provision of personal protective equipment and measures to reduce staff contact, including staggered shifts.
For more information about coronavirus, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au.
If you have any questions or would like more information about the project, call us on 1800 105 105 or email email@example.com 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Sign up for regular project updates. You can also register for SMS updates by texting PRESTON to 0428 581 917.
Every effort will be made to complete these works on scheduled however dates are subject to change.