Works notice – Preston site office establishment, Murray Road
29 Sep 2020
The Victorian Government is removing the dangerous and congested level crossings at Oakover Road, Bell Street, Cramer Street and Murray Road in Preston. The project will also deliver new stations at Bell and Preston.
Construction on the Preston Level Crossing Removal Project has been deemed critical under current restrictions and works will commence with strict health and safety protocols in place.
These early works are critical to allow us to prepare the area ahead of major construction next year. Our project team will be back in the community to update you about designs in coming months.
Murray Road to Regent Street
From Wednesday 30 September to Wednesday 28 October between 7am and 6pm weekdays and 7am and 3pm Saturdays, we’ll be working alongside the Railway Reserve Bike Path between Regent Street and Murray Road to access the underground water main through non-destructive digging of small trenches. We’ll have temporary fencing while we work, and the ground will be back filled when we’re finished.
362 Murray Road
From Wednesday 30 September to Wednesday 25 November 2020 between 7am and 6pm weekdays and 7am and 3pm Saturdays we’re establishing a project site office at 362 Murray Road, Preston. To do this we’ll need to prepare the site by demolishing existing buildings, laying and compacting crushed rock, installing utility services and delivering sheds to the site.
Changes to how you travel
- Temporarily close Railway Reserve Bike Path. A detour will be in place via Clinch Avenue and William Street to the east of the rail line. The bike path will remain open all other times.
- Two on-street car parks will be temporarily closed at the end of the Stanworth Court cul-de-sac.
- Traffic management will be in place along Murray Road, Spring Street and St Georges Road.
For your safety, follow the signage and instructions from traffic management when travelling through the area.
What to expect
- Mobile truck-mounted cranes, excavators, rollers, trucks and other small equipment operating in the area
- Increased vehicle movements
- Some noise, dust, and vibration
- Reduced speed limits and traffic management during the delivery of temporary sheds and other plant and equipment
- Non-destructive digging, site investigations and service proving works
Vehicle and pedestrian detour routes and traffic management will be in place during this time to help you move safely around the area – see map below.
Access to private properties and businesses will be maintained at all times.
Health and safety
The health and safety of our workers and the community is our key priority as we commence early works on the Preston Level Crossing Removal Project.
Under new restrictions workers on these sites are required to wear face coverings unless they meet any of the criteria for an exception such as a medical condition or for occupational health and safety guidelines. Physical distancing measures are in place as well as increased hygiene practices.
For more information about coronavirus, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au
If you have any questions or would like more information about the project, call us on 1800 105 105 or email email@example.com 24 hours a day seven days a week.
Sign up for regular project updates at levelcrossings.vic.gov.au and follow prompts. You can also register for SMS updates by texting PRESTON to 0428 581 917.
Every effort will be made to complete these works on scheduled however dates are subject to change.