Works notice – Pakenham road closures and night works January 2022
16 Dec 2021
We're removing the dangerous and congested level crossings at McGregor Road, Main Street, and Racecourse Road, Pakenham by building a rail bridge over the roads and building new stations at Pakenham and East Pakenham.
To prepare for major construction, we will be conducting works from Tuesday 11 January 2022 to Sunday 23 January 2022. During this time, works to establish the Pakenham Level Crossing Removal site will take place within the rail corridor between McGregor Road and East Pakenham including some night works at the level crossings.
Every effort will be made to minimise night-time noise including undertaking noisier works during the day. Site establishment and preparation day works will include installation of essential rail delineation fencing for safe working conditions, removing redundant rail infrastructure, track works and foundation drilling for temporary overhead power infrastructure foundations. Relocation of utility services at the level crossings will be conducted at night.
24 hour road closures
- Main Street and western pedestrian rail crossing closed Tuesday 11 January to Wednesday 12 January 2022.
- McGregor Road and eastern pedestrian rail crossing closed Thursday 13 January to Saturday 15 January 2022.
- Main Street and western pedestrian rail crossing closed Sunday 16 January to Monday 17 January 2022.
- Racecourse Road closed Tuesday 18 January to 11.59pm, Sunday 23 January 2022.
Changes to the way you travel
To provide project vehicles and equipment safe access to the rail corridor, there will be road closures at the level crossings with some delays for vehicles at these locations. Traffic management will be in place to help pedestrians and vehicles in this area. Access to businesses and private properties will be maintained.
During these works there will be an increased volume of trucks in your local area. Please observe traffic signage for road closure updates and for your safety, please follow instructions from traffic management to move safely around work zones.
What to expect
- Nightworks at the level crossings between 6pm, Tuesday 11 January and 11.59pm, Sunday 23 January 2022.
- Construction activity and increased vehicle movements during these hours.
- Noise from generators and construction machinery.
- Additional lighting for safe working conditions during night works.
- Changes to traffic speed limits.
If at any time you are affected by our works, especially at night, please contact us on 1800 105 105.
If you have any queries, please contact us on 1800 105 105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for important updates during these works, or text 'PAKENHAM' to 0437 616 692 to receive SMS updates on our works.
For rail disruption information visit the PTV website or call 1800 800 007.
Every effort will be made to complete these works on schedule however dates are subject to change.