Works notice – Major 24/7 works on the Cranbourne Line at Camms Road
14 Dec 2021
As part of the Cranbourne Line Upgrade, we’re duplicating 8km of track, removing the last 3 level crossings between Cranbourne and the city, and building a new Merinda Park Station.
Major works to complete the duplication of the Cranbourne Line will take place in January and February 2022.
What we’re doing
We will work around the clock from Tuesday 11 January until Monday 7 February in the rail corridor between Dandenong and Cranbourne stations.
We will complete the track duplication works and install new overhead wires and signalling equipment. We are also working on the watermain which runs underneath the Camms Road level crossing to strengthen it to support the duplicated track.
We will also continue building and landscaping the new 4.25km shared path, which will create a direct walking and bike riding route on the western side of the track between Lynbrook, Merinda Park and Cranbourne stations and connect with existing paths.
What to expect
As we carry out works, machinery, equipment, and trucks will be present in the local area. There will be loud construction noise at times; however, we will take every measure to reduce impacts on nearby homes and businesses.
Trucks moving around the area will enter and exit Camms Road via South Gippsland Highway and Monahans Road.
During the works, Camms Road will be closed between Murray Court and Sharpe Street to carry out excavation and repaving of the road surface. The section of Camms Road between Sharpe Street and George Street will be closed to through traffic, but access will be maintained for local residents and the Camms Road businesses and customers. We will be in direct contact with any residents whose driveways will be impacted.
Access to all Camms Road businesses will be maintained throughout the duration of the closure for their workers and customers.
There may be a disruption to water supply to some residents close to the level crossing during the watermain works. South East Water will contact any impacted customers at least 48 hours prior to any potential disruption.
Changes to the way you travel
- Cars, buses and pedestrians will be required to detour around the works area. A shuttle bus service will operate around the pedestrian detour from 4am to midnight every day, with passengers being collected at the three pick-up locations. Drop off locations are by request along the detour route.
- Local traffic will detour via Duff Street. Through-traffic will detour via Thompsons Road and Sladen Street.
- Buses replace trains between Westall, Cranbourne and Pakenham from 8.30pm Tuesday 11 January to last service Thursday 3 February.
- Buses replace trains between Dandenong and Cranbourne from Friday 4 February to last service Sunday 6 February.
- The eastern commuter car park at Cranbourne Station will be closed from Monday 8 November to February 2022 while project works take place. Parking continues to be available in the western car park at Cranbourne Station.
- Traffic and pedestrian access to Cranbourne Station on Fairfield Street between Camms Road and Station Street will closed. You can access the station via the detour on Duff Street or by using the shuttle bus service.
If you have any queries, please contact us on 1800 105 105 or email email@example.com.
Sign up for important updates during these works, or text “Cranbourne” to 0427 840 967.