Works notice – Lochiel Avenue, Edithvale level crossing closure
19 Nov 2020
The Victorian Government is removing 18 dangerous level crossings and building 12 new stations as part of a $3 billion upgrade on the Frankston line that will improve safety, reduce congestion and run more trains, more often.
Works are continuing on the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach level crossing removal project with strict health and safety protocols in place.
The health and safety of our workers and the community will remain our key priority as we undertake works on the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach level crossing removal project.
We will continue to follow the directions of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) as we safely complete works on this project.
Works taking place
To prepare for level crossing removal works in Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach, utility services such as electricity, water, gas and telecommunications are being upgraded and relocated along Station Street and Nepean Highway and surrounding side streets.
From 7am Monday 30 November to 6pm Thursday 3 December 2020 the Lochiel Avenue level crossing will be closed to vehicles for water utility works. These works will include:
- Excavation and backfilling trenches during the day
- Decommissioning of the old pipe at night
- Lochiel Avenue crossing will be closed to vehicles from 7am Monday 30 November to 6pm Thursday 3 December. Detours will be in place via Edithvale Road or Lincoln Parade.
- Pedestrian access across the level crossing will be maintained, with traffic management in place while works take place
What to expect
- Daytime works will take place during normal construction hours between 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday
- Night works will take place between 6pm and 7am on Monday 30 November and Tuesday 1 December during this closure.
- Workers, vehicles and equipment will be onsite undertaking the works
- There will be moderate noise from machinery such as excavators, while works take place.
- Local detours and traffic management to help you move safely through the area.
Works locations and detours
Staying in touch
Sign up for email newsletters on our website or by calling 1800 105 105.
Email updates are sent with the latest information about the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach project, and our team is regularly updating our website and social media channels with information on works being done.
You can sign up to text message alerts for major traffic and construction impacts for the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach Level Crossing Removal Project by texting ‘ECB’ to 0429 839 892.
To speak to the team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please contact us on 1800 105 105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.