Works notice – hardstand construction from Bell Street to Bruce Street during September
20 Aug 2021
The Victorian Government is removing four dangerous and congested level crossings at Oakover Road, Bell Street, Cramer Street and Murray Road, and building new Bell and Preston Stations. The level crossings will be removed by raising the rail line over the roads, improving safety and accessibility, and delivering new community open spaces.
From Monday 30 August to late September, the Preston Level Crossing Removal Project will be installing hardstand from Donovan Street to Bruce Street in Preston.
Hardstand is the installation of a crushed rock surface to park and move heavy machinery without damaging the ground underneath.
To complete these works, we’ll be introducing some local traffic changes on Donovan Street and Emery Street. Please see below for further information.
Traffic and parking changes
- The Bell Street and Donovan Street intersection will be closed to traffic from 9.30am to 3.30pm Tuesday 7 September.
- Donovan Street will be closed to traffic from 9.30am to 3.30pm Thursday 9 September.
- Sections of Donovan Street will be closed at times as we install hardstand.
- Street parking will be removed from Donovan Street until the end of the project.
- Some parking spaces will be removed on Emery Street to facilitate truck movements. The footpaths will remain open to pedestrians.
Once hardstand works are complete, the project team will start piling in the area.
Works will take place from 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 7am to 3pm Saturdays. Residents will be notified of any night works before works start.
What to expect
- Local traffic, street parking and driveway access changes on Donovan, Emery and Herbert streets
- Some noise and dust from construction machinery
- Vibration from construction machinery including from roller compactors
- An increase in construction workforce and vehicles in the area
- Water carts will be on site to minimise dust
If you have any questions or would like more information about the project, call us on 1800 105 105 or email email@example.com 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Sign up for regular project updates. You can also register for SMS updates by texting PRESTON to 0428 581 917.
Every effort will be made to complete these works on schedule however dates are subject to change.