Works notice – Fraser Avenue drainage upgrade
19 Oct 2020
The Victorian Government is removing 18 dangerous level crossings and building 12 new stations as part of a $3 billion upgrade on the Frankston line that will improve safety, reduce congestion and run more trains, more often.
Works are continuing on the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach level crossing removal project with strict health and safety protocols in place.
The health and safety of our workers and the community will remain our key priority as we undertake works on the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach level crossing removal project.
We will continue to follow the directions of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) as we safely complete works on this project.
Works taking place
To prepare for level crossing removal works in Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach, utility services such as electricity, water, gas and telecommunications are being upgraded and relocated along Station Street and Nepean Highway and surrounding side streets.
As part of these works, we’re upgrading and relocating the underground drainage Fraser Avenue, Edithvale between Station Street and French Avenue. These works will take place in stages from November 2020 to February 2021.
Between Friday 20 November 2020 and early February 2021, there will be ongoing changes to vehicle access along Fraser Avenue between Station Street and French Avenue, including:
- Frequent closures of Fraser Avenue at Station Street
- Closures of Fraser Avenue at French Avenue at times
- Local access for residents only to Fraser Avenue at times
- Impacts to vehicle access to driveways at times
Detour routes will be required at times with traffic management in place to help you move safely through the area. See map overleaf for detour.
There will be no works or closures from Saturday 20 December to Sunday 10 January 2021 inclusive as we will not be undertaking works over the Christmas period.
Advance notice will be provided to residents prior to works impacting driveway access taking place. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
What to expect
- Excavation works for new drainage to be installed
- Workers, vehicles and equipment will be onsite undertaking the works
- Works will take place in stages along Fraser Avenue
- Parking on Fraser Avenue will not be accessible where works are taking place
- Local detours and traffic management will be in place to help you move safely through the area.
* Works will take place from 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 7am to 3.30pm Saturday – if any works are required outside these times, we will let you know
Communication during Stage 4 restrictions
During Stage 4 restrictions and in line with Government protocols, we are moving to electronic updates. Sign up for email newsletters via levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/subscribe and 1800 105 105.
Email updates are sent with the latest information about the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach project, and our team is regularly updating our website and social media channels with information on works being done.
You can sign up to text message alerts for major traffic and construction impacts for the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach Level Crossing Removal Project by texting ‘ECB’ to 0429 839 892.
We have paused door knocking and letterbox dropping during this time, but you can speak to the team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please contact us on 1800 105 105 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to speak to a member of the project team or would like more information about the project.