Works notice – Fitzgerald Road new road alignment works
25 Jan 2022
We’re getting on with the job of removing the dangerous and congested level crossing at Fitzgerald Road, Ardeer by building a road bridge over the rail line.
The level crossing removal works at Fitzgerald Road in Ardeer have progressed and we are ramping up construction activities to open the new road overpass by 2023. Works are well underway on the new bridge and road alignment.
Upcoming changes to the way you travel
- Intermittent lane closures on Forrest Street will be required to undertake service relocations and install traffic barriers throughout February.
Throughout February, we will:
- continue to install retaining wall panels and build the new road approach to connect with the bridge on either side of the rail line
- relocate underground power and telecommunication services next to Forrest Street.
What to expect
- We’ll work Monday to Friday, between 7am and 6pm and Saturday from 7am to 1pm. Some additional out of hours works may be required.
- Some construction noise and activity, with construction vehicles and equipment in operation.
- Reduced speed limits, intermittent lane closures and traffic management will be in place to help you move safely around the area.
Weather conditions may affect our progress.
Health and safety
Works are continuing safely on the Fitzgerald Road level crossing removal project with COVID Safe plans in place to help protect workers and the community.