Works notice – Edithvale sewer upgrade, Fraser Avenue and Correa Street
02 Sep 2020
Construction on the removal of level crossings in Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach has been deemed critical under Stage 4 restrictions and works will continue with strict health and safety protocols in place.
Workforce numbers have already been significantly reduced to support directions from the Chief Health Officer. The health and safety of our workforce and community remains our top priority.
Under new restrictions workers on these sites are required to wear face coverings unless they meet any of the criteria for an exception such as a medical condition or for OH&S guidelines.
Physical distancing measures are in place as well as increased hygiene practices.
To prepare for level crossing removal works in Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach, utility services such as electricity, water, gas and telecommunications are being upgraded and relocated along Station Street and Nepean Highway.
Several work crews for service relocations will operate concurrently along the rail corridor on Station Street and Nepean Highway.
The following sewer relocations will take place in Edithvale:
- Fraser Avenue – works will take place overnight on Tuesday 22 September and Wednesday 23 September 2020 from 6pm to 7am. During this time, there will be no vehicle access to or from Station Street at Fraser Avenue.
- Correa Street – works will take place overnight from 6pm to 7am on Tuesday 22 September and
Wednesday 23 September 2020. Vehicle and pedestrian access will be maintained. Parking will be impacted on Nepean Highway during works. Vehicle access to driveways may be impacted at times during these works. Advance notice will be provided to residents prior to works impacting access taking place. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
Traffic management will be in place to help you move safely through the area.
Works taking place
- Excavation and installation of the underground water and sewer pipes
What to expect
- Works will take place at night from 6pm to 7am
- There will be moderate noise from machinery, such as excavators, while works take place.
- Workers, vehicles and equipment will be onsite undertaking the works
- Parking and cycling lanes along Station Street will not be accessible where works are taking place
- Parking will be temporarily impacted on Nepean Highway during works
- Local detours and traffic management will be in place to help you move safely through the area.
Dates subject to change
Communication during Stage 4 restrictions
During Stage 4 restrictions and in line with Government protocols, we are moving to electronic updates. Sign up for email newsletters and SMS alerts via levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/subscribe. If you do not have access to the internet, please call 1800 105 105.
We have paused door knocking and letterbox dropping during this time, but you can speak to the team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling the number above.
Email updates are sent with the latest information about the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach projects, and our team is regularly updating our website and social media channels with information on works being done.
If you would like to speak to a member of the project team or would like more information contact us on 1800 105 105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project