Works notice – Edithvale sewer relocations, Denman Avenue, The Esplanade, Bapaume Avenue
02 Sep 2020
The Victorian Government is removing 18 dangerous level crossings and building 12 new stations as part of a $3 billion upgrade on the Frankston line that will improve safety, reduce congestion and run more trains, more often.
Construction on the removal of level crossings in Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach has been deemed critical under Stage 4 restrictions and works will continue with strict health and safety protocols in place.
Workforce numbers have already been significantly reduced to support directions from the Chief Health Officer. The health and safety of our workforce and community remains our top priority.
Under new restrictions workers on these sites are required to wear face coverings unless they meet any of the criteria for an exception such as a medical condition or for OH&S guidelines.
Physical distancing measures are in place as well as increased hygiene practices.
To prepare for level crossing removal works in Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach utility services, such as electricity, water, gas and telecommunications are being upgraded and relocated along Station Street and Nepean Highway.
Several work crews will operate concurrently along the rail corridor, with these works expected to continue until October 2020.
To enable sewer relocations in Edithvale, there will be the following traffic impacts:
- Denman Avenue – works will take place on Saturday 5 September, Friday 11 September and
Monday 14 September 2020. During these times, there will be no vehicle access to or from Nepean Highway at Denman Avenue.
- The Esplanade – works will take place on Monday 7 September, Friday 11 September and Monday 14 September 2020. During this time, there will be no vehicle access to or from the Esplanade to Nepean Highway.
- Bapaume Avenue – works will take place on Tuesday 8 September, Friday 11 September and Tuesday 15 September 2020. During these times, there will be no vehicle access to or from Nepean highway at Bapaume Avenue.
Works scheduled on Monday 14 September and Tuesday 15 September will take place at night from 8pm to 5am.
All other works will be completed during normal construction hours, Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm and Saturdays 7am to 3.30pm.
Pedestrian access via detours will be maintained, and traffic management will be in place. See detour map overleaf.
Works taking place
- Excavation and installation of the underground water and sewer pipes
What to expect
- Works on Monday 14 September and Tuesday 15 September will take place at night from 8pm to 5am
- There will be moderate noise from machinery such as excavators, while works take place
- Workers, vehicles and equipment will be onsite undertaking the works
- On street parking may be affected during works
- Local detours and traffic management will be in place to help you move safely through the area
- Targeted lighting will be used at night and positioned to minimise impacts to residents
Dates subject to change
Communication during Stage 4 restrictions
During Stage 4 restrictions and in line with Government protocols, we are moving to electronic updates. Sign up for email newsletters and SMS alerts via levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/subscribe. If you do not have access to the internet, please call 1800 105 105.
We have paused door knocking and letterbox dropping during this time, but you can speak to the team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling the number above.
Email updates are sent with the latest information about the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach projects, and our team is regularly updating our website and social media channels with information on works being done.
If you would like to speak to a member of the project team or would like more information contact us on 1800 105 105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project