Works notice – Edithvale Road level crossing closure
04 Nov 2020
The Victorian Government is removing 18 dangerous level crossings and building 12 new stations as part of a $3 billion upgrade on the Frankston line that will improve safety, reduce congestion and run more trains, more often.
Works are continuing on the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach level crossing removal project with strict health and safety protocols in place.
We will continue to follow the directions of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) as we safely complete works on this project.
Works taking place
To prepare for level crossing removal works in Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach, utility services such as electricity, water, gas and telecommunications are being upgraded and relocated along Station Street and Nepean Highway and surrounding side streets.
The Edithvale Road level crossing will be closed to vehicles only from 7:00am Thursday 5 November to 3:30pm Saturday 7 November 2020, while works take place.
- Edithvale road level crossing will be closed to vehicles from 7:00am Thursday 5 November to 3:30pm Saturday 7 November 2020.
- Pedestrian access across the level crossing will be maintained, with traffic management in place while works take place.
What to expect
- Construction personnel, vehicles and equipment will be onsite undertaking the works.
- There will be moderate noise from machinery, such as excavators, while works take place.
- Local detours and traffic management to help you move safely through the area.
- Works will take place during normal construction hours 7am -6pm Monday to Friday and 7am to 3:30pm Saturday.
Dates subject to change
Stay up to date
Email updates are sent with the latest information about the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach level crossing removal project, and our team is regularly updating our website and social media channels with information on works.
You can sign up for email updates at levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/subscribe
Text message alerts are sent for major traffic and construction impacts for the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach Level Crossing Removal Project. To receive these text ECB to 0429 839 892.