Works notice – Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach night works
10 Aug 2020
The Victorian Government is removing 18 dangerous level crossings and building 12 new stations as part of a $3 billion upgrade on the Frankston line, to improve safety, reduce congestion and run more trains, more often.
Works are continuing in preparation for the removal of level crossings in Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach.
To allow works to be carried out safely there will be a rail closure between 10pm Friday 14 August and 3am Monday 17 August 2020.
During this time works will include installing safety fencing, relocation and installation of utilities and underground services.
Buses will replace trains on the Frankston and Stony Point lines between Mordialloc and Frankston from 10pm Friday 14 August to 3am Monday 17 August 2020.
During this time construction activities will take place 24/7.
Works taking place
- Installation of delineation fencing to provide a safe area between construction and the community
- Installation and relocation of underground services including electrical, signalling and telecommunication cables and pipelines conveying, water and sewerage
- Geotechnical contamination testing of soil and rock
What to expect
- Workers, vehicles and equipment in the area, working 24 hours a day
- Traffic management will be in place to help you move safely through the area
- Some noise and dust from construction activities, which will be monitored and controlled
- Targeted lighting will be used at night and positioned to minimise impacts to residents
- Buses replacing trains on the Frankston and Stony Point lines from 10pm Friday 14 August to 3am Monday 17 August 2020
Health and safety
The health and safety of out workers and community is our key priority as we continue works on the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach level crossing removals.
Cleaning has increased across the public transport network, including on replacement buses, to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
To find out more about the measures in place on our projects, visit the PTV website
For information about coronavirus, visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au
Please contact us on 1800 105 105 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to speak to a member of the project team or would like more information about the projects.
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project