Works notice – Clyde Road, Berwick, August works
26 Jul 2021
The Victorian Government is removing 17 dangerous level crossings, including the one at Clyde Road, as part of a $16 billion investment to upgrade the Pakenham line that will improve safety, reduce congestion and allow more trains to run more often.
Major works are underway to build the new Clyde Road underpass and improve local connections.
Throughout August we’ll:
- continue to relocate underground services
- continue installing storm water drainage along Clyde Road
- continue piling and structural works to prepare the foundations for the new road underpass
- continue building a new rail maintenance access track north of the level crossing
- complete some minor vegetation removal within the rail corridor.
What to expect
- Large machinery onsite and increased heavy vehicle activity around the level crossing
- Moderate construction noise, dust and vibrations
- Pedestrian and cyclist detours to help you move safely through the area
- Lane closures, reduced speed limits and traffic management along Clyde Road, Berwick Station car park and local roads.
From mid August to late September the following traffic changes will be in placewhile we complete drainage installation works:
- Clyde Road northbound slow lane will be closed between Sir Gustav Nossal Boulevard and Enterprise Avenue; barriers will be in place to delineate the work area
- left turn lane from Sir Gustav Nossal Boulevard onto Clyde Road will be closed; vehicles can use the Sir Gustav Nossal Boulevard through lane to turn left onto Clyde Road during this time.
Traffic management will be in place to help vehicles move safely through the area.
Out of hours works
We will complete critical works outside of our general working hours on Saturday 14 August and Sunday 15 August. We will work between 7am to 5pm each day.
Additional out of hours works may be required throughout August. We’ll notify impacted residents ahead of night works and minimise impacts where possible.
Dates and times may change subject to weather conditions.
Car parking and pedestrian changes
As part of our works, we’re temporarily occupying 183 car parks at Berwick Station at times throughout August.
The southern car park at Berwick Station will also be closed from 11 August 2021 until early 2023, while we build the new bus interchange.
Car parking has been boosted at Beaconsfield Station with 150 new spaces and approximately 150 temporary spaces at Officer Station. During this time the following changes will be in place:
- the southern car park Pick Up and Drop Off zone and Taxi Bay will also be closed
- the car park, accessible car spaces and bus interchange on the northern side of Berwick station will remain open. The northern Pick Up and Drop Off zone and Taxi Bay will remain closed
- pedestrian access between Clyde Road and Berwick station and between Kangan Drive and Berwick Station will be maintained under stair access only to Berwick station via Kangan Drive. Alternate access will be via Clyde Road.
- Sign up for email updates via our website
- View our website disruptions page
- Text CLYDE to 0429 218 131 for SMS alerts on traffic and construction impacts
- Contact our 24/7 call centre on 1800 105 105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and safety
The health and safety of our workers and the community remains our key priority as we undertake level crossing removal works. We will continue to follow the directions of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) as we safely complete works on this project.