Works notice – Chelsea sewer relocation
10 Aug 2020
The Victorian Government is removing 18 dangerous level crossings and building 12 new stations as part of a $3 billion upgrade on the Frankston line that will improve safety, reduce congestion and allow more trains to run more often.
To prepare for level crossing removal works in Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach utility services, such as electricity, water, gas and telecommunications are being upgraded and relocated along Station Street and Nepean Highway.
Several work crews will operate concurrently along the rail corridor, with these works expected to continue until October 2020.
The following sewer relocations will take place in Chelsea:
- Barnes Grove – works will take place between 7am to 6pm, Tuesday 11 August and Thursday 13 August 2020. During this time, there will be no vehicle access to or from Nepean Highway at Barnes Grove.
- Swansea Road – works will take place between 7am to 6pm, Friday 14 August and Tuesday 18 August 2020, and 7am to 3.30pm on Saturday 15 August. During this time, there will be no vehicle access from Swansea Road into the council car park.
- Shenfield Avenue - works will take place between 7am to 3.30pm on Saturday 15 August and 7am to 6pm Monday 17 August to Wednesday 19 August 2020. During this time there will be no vehicle access to or from Nepean Highway at Shenfield Avenue.
Vehicle access to to a small number of residential driveways may be temporarily impacted for one to two days during works, we will be in contact with residents directly affected.
Pedestrian access will be maintained, and traffic management will be in place.
Works taking place
- Excavation and installation of the underground water and sewer pipes
What to expect
- There will be moderate noise from machinery such as excavators, while works take place
- Construction workers, vehicles and equipment will be onsite undertaking the works
- On street parking may be affected during works
- Local detours and traffic management will be in place to help you move safely through the area
- Access to properties and businesses will be maintained
- Works will take place during the day between 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and 7am to 3.30pm on Saturday
Health and safety
The health and safety of our workers and community is our key priority as we continue works on the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach Level Crossing Removal Projects.
For information about coronavirus, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au
Please contact us on 1800 105 105 or email@example.com if you would like to speak to a member of the project team or would like more information about the projects.
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project