Works notice – Beresford, Montrose and Wilson Street intersection
17 Jan 2022
We’re removing the dangerous and congested level crossings at Union Road, Surrey Hills and Mont Albert Road, Mont Albert by lowering the rail line beneath the road in an open trench and building a new premium station with better facilities and more services.
For more information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the Coronavirus website.
Works to relocate the sewer will commence on Wednesday 19 January. To safely undertake these works, we need to close the intersection of Beresford, Montrose and Wilson streets for approximately nine months.
Works taking place
A construction site will be established at the intersection of Beresford, Montrose and Wilson streets to allow the crews to complete the work safely.
Crews will excavate a deep shaft that will serve as a retrieval point for the sewer. A small tunnel boring machine will then tunnel from Lorne Parade Reserve under the rail corridor into the shaft.
Traffic management will be in place and vehicles will be detoured safely around the area. Some on-street car parking will be temporarily closed on Wilson Street to enable these works to take place (see map overleaf).
There will be periods where rubbish bin collection in adjoining streets will be impacted by these works. For the first phase of works, you should put your bins out as normal and we will provide further advice ahead of any changes to bin collection.
What to expect
- The intersection at Beresford, Montrose and Wilson Streets will be closed to through traffic
- Some on-street car parking will be closed to enable these works to take place
- Access to driveways will be maintained
- We will provide further information ahead of any changes to weekly rubbish bin collection
Other impacts of these works include:
- Construction noise and activity, with vehicles, machinery and workers on site
- Minor delays for vehicles
- Minor changes to pedestrian and cyclist routes
- Traffic management to keep you and our workers safe
The majority of work will take place during normal construction hours, 7am – 6pm Monday to Friday and 7am – 1pm on Saturdays. We will provide you with further notice if any works need to take place outside of these times.
All works and timeframes are subject to change due to suitable weather conditions.
If you have any questions about these works or other aspect of the Project, call us on 1800 105 105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org