Works notice – Argyle Avenue level crossing closure
21 Oct 2020
The Victorian Government is removing 18 dangerous level crossings and building 12 new stations as part of a $3 billion upgrade on the Frankston line that will improve safety, reduce congestion and run more trains, more often.
Works are continuing the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach level crossing removal project with strict health and safety protocols in place.
The health and safety of our workers and the community will remain our key priority as we undertake works on the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach level crossing removal project.
We will continue to follow the directions of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) as we safely complete works on this project.
Works taking place
To prepare for level crossing removal works in Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach, underground power and signalling for the Frankston line is being upgraded to improve the reliability of train services.
From 7am Monday 16 November to 9am Friday 20 November 2020 the Argyle Avenue level crossing in Chelsea will be closed to vehicles to enable these works. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
See map overleaf.
- Argyle Avenue level crossing will be closed to vehicles from 7am Monday 16 November to 9am Friday 20 November
- Pedestrian access across the level crossing will be maintained, with traffic management in place while works take place
What to expect
- Excavation and installation of underground services
- There will be moderate noise from machinery, such as excavators, while works take place
- Works will take place from 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday
- Construction workers, vehicles and equipment will be onsite undertaking the works
- Traffic management will be in place to ensure safety of road users and pedestrians during works
Dates subject to change
Communication during Stage 4 restrictions
During Stage 4 restrictions and in line with Government protocols, we are moving to electronic updates. Sign up for email newsletters via levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/subscribe
Email updates are sent with the latest information about the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach project, and our team is regularly updating our website and social media channels with information on works being done.
You can sign up to text message alerts for major traffic and construction impacts for the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach Level Crossing Removal Project by texting ‘ECB’ to 0429 839 892.
We have paused door knocking and letterbox dropping during this time, but you can speak to the team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please contact us on 1800 105 105 or email@example.com if you would like to speak to a member of the project team or would like more information about the project.