Oakleigh Station Upgrade community update – September 2019
10 Sep 2019
Pedestrian detour during construction
Underpass closure from 14 September 2019 to mid-January 2020.
While these works take place a pedestrian detour will be in place via Warrigal Road. A shuttle bus will be available to transfer pedestrians between the Haughton Road platform access ramp and the Portman Street side of the station. For assistance please contact station staff.
Once this project is complete, users of the station will benefit from better lighting and new CCTV in the underpass. Ramps and floors will also be redesigned, making the underpass more spacious and reducing pedestrian congestion.
Changes to pedestrian access during underpass closure
What to expect:
August – September 2019
- Most works will take place during business hours, to minimise impacts to residents
- Locals can expect low to medium noise levels from hand-held tools and machinery
- Cranes and machinery will be on site to install barriers and site sheds
- Signs will be in place for pedestrian detours
- Traffic barriers and hoarding will provide safe areas for workers and the community
- Traffic flows around the works area will be managed
- Noise, dust, and vibration will be managed to minimise impacts on nearby residents and businesses
If you have any questions about the upgrades to Oakleigh Station, please contact the Community Information Line on 1800 105 105 or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Commuters using the new Oakleigh Station will benefit from major upgrades to the Cranbourne and pakenham lines that will result in turn up and go train services.
The Metro Tunnel and 65 new longer trains will create room for an extra 500,000 peak hour passengers and slash travel times by up to 50 minutes a day.
Car parking changes
Car parking changes around the station will be in effect until August 2020 while works take place.
The closure of some car parks on Portman Street and Haughton Road will allow us to establish a safe works zone and storage for construction machinery.
140 extra commuter car parks are available at Huntingdale and Holmesglen stations.
While these works take place there are no changes to train services from Oakleigh, but station access changes will be in place.
Project works timeline
Map of new Oakleigh Station features.
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project