Oakleigh Station Update community update - August 2019
03 Sep 2019
Artist's impression - subject to change
Your Oakleigh Station is being upgraded
Works will take place between August 2019 and August 2020.
Users of Oakleigh Station will benefit from better access and improved facilities as works give the station precinct a makeover. With improvements to safety and accessibility, users of the station can look forward to:
- easier access to platforms, with a new forecourt providing direct access to city-bound trains from Haughton Road
- a landscaped forecourt and platform entrance on the Portman Street side of the station
- a completely rebuilt underpass to bring it up to modern standards
- new lifts and redesigned ramps for both platforms, making the station easier for everyone to move around
- improved lighting throughout the station and new CCTV to improve safety
- new shelters to help protect people from the weather.
While works are underway, around 90 car spaces around the station will be unavailable from August 2019 to mid-2020. 140 extra car parks will be available at Huntingdale and Holmesglen.
There will be no changes to train services while the upgrade takes place. Find out more at Oakleigh Station Update project page.
What to expect: August – September 2019
Initial works include the establishment of a work site, which will be installed next to the station building off Portman Street.
Approximately 90 car park spaces around the station will be unavailable for the duration of the upgrade.
- Most works will take place during business hours, to minimise impacts to residents
- Locals can expect low to medium noise levels from hand-held tools and machinery
- Cranes and machinery will be on site to install barriers and site sheds
- Signs will be in place for pedestrian detours
- Traffic barriers and hoarding will provide safe areas for workers and the community
- Traffic flows around the works area will be managed
- Noise, dust, and vibration will be managed to minimise impacts on nearby residents and businesses
If you have any questions about the upgrades to Oakleigh Station, please contact the Community Information Line on 1800 105 105 or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commuters using the new Oakleigh station will benefit from major upgrades to the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines that will result in turn up and go train services.
Map of proposed Oakleigh Station upgrades
Project works timeline
August to October 2019
|October 2019 to February 2020|
February 2020 to June 2020
* Please note that the timeline above is subject to change.
Phone number: 1800 105 105
Translation service – For languages other than English, please call 9280 0780.
Please contact us if you would like this information in an accessible format. If you need assistance because of a hearing or speech impairment, please visit relayservice.gov.au
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project