Mernda Rail Project community relations charter
28 Jun 2017
The Mernda Rail Extension project is committed to engaging the local community in constructive and cooperative dialogue based on mutual trust and respect.
What you can expect from us
We encourage the local community to communicate directly with the community relations team to obtain information, discuss concerns and work to resolve issues in a timely manner. We will ensure active, ongoing and timely communications with the local community by:
- communicating in an open, transparent and timely manner
- informing the local community of project scope and benefits
- implementing strategies to minimise construction impacts on the local community
- providing advance notification to the local community of planned works that may impact them
- providing the local community with opportunities to discuss concerns and potential issues
- responding promptly to community enquiries.
Our pledge to respond to your enquiries
- we will respond to your telephone enquiries quickly and efficiently
- we will acknowledge or reply to your written communications promptly
- we will identify the need for provision of translation and interpreting services
- we will meet agreed deadlines for the completion of your request.
Evaluation of our performance
We are committed to continually monitoring and improving our performance. We will:
- review and evaluate feedback from the local community
- use local community feedback to improve communication and community engagement.
Endorsed by Joseph Aygur - Project Director
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project