North Eastern Program Alliance Sustainability Policy
21 Aug 2016
The North Eastern Program Alliance Level Crossing Removal works are being delivered under an Alliance framework by the Level Crossing Removal Authority Laing O'Rourke, Fulton Hogan, Jacobs, and Metro Trains Melbourne.
Sustainability is about maximising our environmental, economic and socio-economic performance in the interests of the business, our stakeholders and our planet.
The Alliance holds a long-term approach to sustainability. This policy sits alongside our Health and Safety, Quality, and Environmental policies.
This will be achieved by:
- Innovate to develop the industry's ability to address sustainability challenges.
- Generate profits to invest in innovation and future success.
- Work to the highest ethical, social and environmental standards.
- Assess and manage all significant environmental risks.
- Achieve industry-leading low-carbon performance.
- Attract and retain new people from diverse backgrounds and demographic groups to work in the industry and the Alliance.
- Engage our supply chain and partners in achieving our sustainability targets and objectives.
- Create opportunities for flexible working in appropriate roles, to help attract, retain and motivate our people, and be open to flexible working requests.
- Pay fairly, offer fair working conditions and rewards, and be increasingly transparent about the fairness of our payment and reward practices for directly employed and supply chain.
- Contribute to development of construction skills in our local communities by providing access to apprenticeships and life-long learning.
- Be transparent in reporting on sustainability performance.
- Annually reviewing and updating this policy.
Collaboration with clients, supply chain, industry partners, research organisations and other stakeholders is fundamental to how we develop and implement sustainability strategy.
The Alliance Leadership Team fully endorses this policy.
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project