North Eastern Program Alliance Indigenous Participation Statement
21 Aug 2016
The North Eastern Program Alliance Level Crossing Removal works are being delivered under an Alliance framework by the Level Crossing Removal Authority, Laing O'Rourke, Fulton Hogan, Jacobs, and Metro Trains Melbourne.
The Alliance is committed to providing leadership and opportunities for the advancement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and to ensuring positive outcomes for Indigenous communities as a result of our program.
This statement will be implemented in conjunction with contractual and Victorian Government requirements, increasing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participation:
This will be achieved by:
- Ensuring all levels of the Alliance understand and accept their responsibilities in creating and extending opportunities and providing a culturally appropriate workplace.
- Encouraging and supporting open communication between management, Indigenous communities, clients, workers, unions and other service providers.
- Developing and implementing constructive objectives and targets.
- Providing opportunities for employment, training and skill enhancement directly and with our supply chain.
- Committing sufficient resources and mentoring programs for effective implementation.
- Ensuring subcontractors and service providers have appropriate abilities to meet, fulfil and assist in building their capabilities.
- Learning, measuring and sharing our successes amongst our partners and the broader industry.
- Annually reviewing and updating this policy.
The Alliance personnel are required to assist and encourage participation by Indigenous people and their communities across Australia to the mutual benefit of all concerned.
The Alliance is committed to ensuring that all employees implement this policy in line with legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
The Alliance Leadership Team fully endorses this policy.
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project