North Eastern Program Alliance Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
21 Aug 2016
The North Eastern Program Alliance Level Crossing Removal works are being delivered under an Alliance framework by the Level Crossing Removal Authority, Laing O'Rourke, Fulton Hogan, Jacobs, and Metro Trains Melbourne.
The Alliance is committed to being an equal opportunities employer: an employer that maintains the highest standard of employment practice and one which aims to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. This policy forms part of our Alliance policy framework.
This will be achieved by:
- Act as role models with values and behaviour which foster workforce diversity
- Recognise and reflect diversity and inclusion
- Create a supportive environment where everyone can reach their full potential by ensuring policies and procedures support the attraction, selection, retention and promotion of people from a diverse range of candidates on the basis of skills and merit
- Identify and remove barriers that hinder the achievement of a diverse and talented workforce
- Draw the attention of all those responsible for recruitment, selection, training, grievance or disciplinary of dismissal decisions to this policy
- Provide our people with access to the learning and development opportunities that are appropriate for their role
- Communicate with, consult and educate all employees in respect of their own responsibilities and the Alliance's commitment towards the promotion of equal opportunity and equality for all employees
- Be accountable for our performance by establishing, tracking, and reporting against specific and measurable success indicators
- Never encourage or accept any form of unlawful discrimination against our colleagues or any third parties be they potential employees, customers, subcontractors, suppliers or members of the public
- Not tolerate any form of harassment or bullying and treat all colleagues and third parties with respect and dignity.
- Annually reviewing and updating this policy.
As managers and employees we will recognise and respect the diversity of backgrounds, beliefs and experiences that exist within our workforce and community. By ensuring that our workplace policies and practices value the principles of equal employment opportunity, the Alliance will remain a great place to work and deliver sustainable value to our clients and stakeholders.
Our policies are reviewed and updated regularly to be responsive to client needs and evolve with the world around us to make Laing O'Rourke the company of first choice for all our stakeholders, whilst challenging and changing the image of construction worldwide.
The Alliance Leadership Team fully endorses this policy.
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project