North Eastern Program Alliance Environmental Policy
21 Aug 2016
The North Eastern Program Alliance Level Crossing Removal works are being delivered under an Alliance framework by the Level Crossing Removal Authority, Laing O'Rourke, Fulton Hogan, Jacobs, and Metro Trains Melbourne.
The Alliance is committed to the protection and enhancement of the environment.
Our goal is to minimise the negative environmental impacts of our operations throughout the whole asset lifecycle and sustainably maximise the quality of the built environment. This policy sits alongside our Sustainability Policy and Supply Chain Policy.
This will be achieved by:
- Proactively minimising environmental impacts by limiting polluting activities and implementing effective controls.
- Protect, preserve and enhance biodiversity and land quality.
- Meet or exceed all legal obligations applicable to our activities.
- Continually improve the environmental performance of our activities through clear objectives, targets and programs.
- Explore innovative technologies and opportunities in the sourcing of our products, services and supply chain to reduce carbon emissions and improve environmental outcomes.
- Improve resource efficiency by reducing the use of natural resources and waste.
- Reduce our water consumption and improve water efficiency.
- Enhance employee understanding of environmental sustainability and stimulate cultural change.
- Work with our supply chain partners to improve their outcomes in line with this policy.
- Maintain ISO 14001 certification for the Alliance and review and update this policy annually.
Building a positive environmental management culture at the workforce and driving continual improvement in our environmental management systems.
The Alliance is committed to ensuring all employees implement this policy in line with legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
The Alliance Leadership Team fully endorses this policy.
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project