Grange Road, Alphington Community Update – June 2017
01 Jun 2017
The Victorian Government is removing two dangerous and congested level crossing along the Hurstbridge line and duplicating the single section of track between Heidelberg and Rosanna stations. This will make communities safer and get commuters in Melbourne's north east home sooner.
Last month, our project team started work on establishing site facilities on VicTrack land behind Hamilton Street. This will be where our staff and construction team will be located until mid-2018, while we remove the level crossing at Grange Road. Primary access to the facility will be from Heidelberg Road.
In late May, we reduced Wingrove Street to one-way between Grange Road and Kelvin Road. This is so we can undertake work to relocate an underground sewer in the area. Wingrove Street will remain one-way until mid-2018, and will then revert back to two-way traffic.
In June, construction activities will continue to take place in and around the railway line from Monday to Sunday, 7:00am to 6:00pm.
Image: Filling the ground with excavated soil near the intersection of Heidelberg and Grange roads for site facilities.
What's coming up?
- Placing soil on VicTrack land near the intersection of Heidelberg and Grange roads (continued from works in May).
- Installing foundations along the rail corridor for new overhead rail structures between Arthur Street and Broomfield Avenue.
- Installing new power and signalling cables underground along the rail corridor, which involves digging a trench along the railway line between Fairfield Road and Perry Street.
- Relocating existing services, such as power, water and telecommunications.
Occasionally we will work overnight, while trains are not running, to ensure the safety of our work crews. Upcoming night works will take place on the following weekends:
- Friday 23 June to Monday 26 June
- Friday 14 July to Monday 17 July.
- Buses replacing trains from 8:15pm Friday 23 June to last service Sunday 25 June between Clifton Hill and Macleod.
- Buses replacing trains from 8:15pm Thursday 13 July to last service between Clifton Hill and Greensborough.
- Buses replacing trains from 8:15pm Friday 14 July to last service Sunday 16 July between Clifton Hill and Macleod.
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project