Grange Road, Alphington Community Update – January 2018
04 Jan 2018
The Victorian Government is removing two dangerous and congested level crossings along the Hurstbridge line, building a brand new Rosanna Station, and duplicating the single section of track between Heidelberg and Rosanna. This will make communities safer and get commuters in Melbourne's north east home sooner.
The major construction blitz from Friday 16 March to Monday 30 April is nearly here and the Grange Road team is almost ready to start the big dig to construct the new rail trench.
Just before the summer break, we continued drilling along sections of Wingrove Street. The line-drilling machine will be back during the rail shutdown from 18 to 23 January 2018, to drill across Grange Road. You will also see us working on the concrete rail safety barriers, installing new overhead rail structures and abutments for the two new pedestrian bridges.
Local traders will be open during our works, so please support businesses in the area.
What's coming up?
- Ongoing train signal cable installation along the rail corridor.
- Ongoing construction of permanent concrete barriers along Wingrove Street, to keep pedestrians and motorists safe when the rail trench is complete.
- Continued line drilling along the length of the rail corridor.
- Installing foundations for new overhead rail structures between Alphington and Fairfield stations.
- Installing pedestrian bridge abutments.
To ensure the safety of our work crew and the public, occasionally we will work overnight while trains are not running. Upcoming night works include:
- Thursday 18 January to Wednesday 24 January 2018
- Saturday 10 February to Sunday 11 February 2018
- Friday 16 March to Monday 30 April 2018.
- Buses will replace trains on sections of the Hurstbridge line from 8:15pm Thursday 18 January until last service Tuesday 23 January 2018.
- Changed traffic conditions on Grange Road between Thursday 18 January and Wednesday 24 January 2018.
- Buses will replace trains on sections of the Hurstbridge line on Saturday 10 February and Sunday 11 February 2018.
- Buses will replace trains on sections of the Hurstbridge line from approximately 8:00pm Friday 16 March until last service Sunday 29 April 2018.
- An extended closure of Grange Road in March/April 2018 (more information will be provided in February).
- Closure of the VicTrack pedestrian crossing between Hamilton Street and Hanslope Avenue in early 2018.
- Closure of Ravenscourt Place in early 2018 until the project is completed.
Note: Planned and unplanned works may be carried out on the Hurstbridge line by other projects as part of regular maintenance and renewal programs.
For journey planning and service disruption information, visit the PTV website or call 1800 800 007.
For information on electricity service disruptions, visit the Jemena website or call 131 626.
The Level Crossing Removal Project is working closely with VicRoads and the Chandler Highway Upgrade team in order to minimise disruptions for the surrounding community.
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project