Make a submission
19 Mar 2018
Submissions on the Edithvale and Bonbeach EES and the related draft planning scheme amendments must be made in writing and received by 5:00pm, 2 May 2018.
Online submissions are preferred via the Victorian Government’s engagement portal.
For hard copy submissions to be considered, they must be accompanied by a coversheet available only by calling the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning on 136 186. Each written submission must have a separate cover sheet and they cannot be copied.
All submissions must state the name and address of the person making the submission. Where a submission is made by two or more persons, it must state the name and address of the person who will represent these persons in any formal public hearing and who will be their contact person. Anonymous submissions are not considered. Submissions will be treated as public documents.
What happens to my submission and what is the process after the submissions period?
- All submissions are received by Planning Panels Victoria (PPV). Note that submissions are treated as public documents and will be posted online. They will be considered by an independent Inquiry, appointed to advise the Minister, alongside the EES and its supporting documentation, and the draft proposed Planning Scheme Amendment.
- A copy of all submissions will be provided to LXRA who will prepare and provide a submissions response report to the Inquiry.
- Submissions are to be made by 5:00pm on 2 May 2018. See here for details on how to make a submission
- A Directions Hearing will be held at 10:00am on 9 May at Patterson River Golf Club, The Fairway, Bonbeach. This hearing is public, and its purpose is to:
- consider any preliminary or procedural issues and give directions about the conduct of the Hearing including the exchange of any expert witness reports
- make arrangements for the Hearing, including the Timetable and Hearing venue
- answer any questions people may have about the Hearing.
- The public hearings will commence in the week starting 4 June at Patterson River Golf Club. We will update the website with information about the public hearings, following the Directions Hearing. The hearings will run for approximately 2-3 weeks, following which the Inquiry will provide its assessment and recommendations to the Minster for Planning.
- The Minister will then make his assessment in mid-late 2018, which will inform his decision regarding the proposed Planning Scheme Amendments, and the decision by Commonwealth Minister for the Environment and Energy.
For more information about the EES, view our summary page
Where to see the documentation
The EES will be on exhibition during normal opening hours at:
- State Library of Victoria, 328 Swanston Street, Melbourne
- City of Kingston Municipal Office, 1230 Nepean Highway, Cheltenham
- Chelsea Library, 1 Chelsea Road, Chelsea
We’re running drop in sessions at Edithvale and Bonbeach and we encourage the public to visit us, ask questions and learn more about the EES findings from our environmental specialists and engineers.
Edithvale drop in sessions
6 Lochiel Ave, Edithvale
- Saturday 24 March at 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Saturday 7 April at 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Wednesday 11 April at 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Saturday 21 April at 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Bonbeach drop in sessions
Bonbeach Surf Life Saving Club, Beach Reserve, Lord Weaver Grove, Bonbeach
- Saturday 24 March at 10:00am to 12 noon
- Thursday 5 April at 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Saturday 7 April at 10:00am to 12 noon