Caulfield to Dandenong Factsheet: Rebuilding Noble Park station
01 Dec 2016
The Caulfield to Dandenong Level Crossing Removal Project is removing nine level crossings, rebuilding five stations and creating new open spaces on the Cranbourne-Pakenham line.
Noble Park Station, a premium station, will be rebuilt closer to Heatherton Road to link with the Douglas Street activity centre and Ross Reserve. It will be an elevated railway station.
The new station will be equipped with the following facilities:
- station facilities at ground level so they are easy to use
- stairs, escalators and lifts to improve accessibility
- large sections of covered platform, protecting people from the weather
- CCTV cameras, lighting, improved surveillance and a Protective Services Officer (PSO) facility
- commuter parking, including disability permit parking and a number of drop-off zones
- ambulant commuter toilets and baby change facilities
- new bus bays and taxi ranks
- parkiteer facilities (secure bicycle parking cages) and bicycle hoops
- new public information displays, hearing loops in waiting areas and on platforms.
How has community feedback been incorporated into the design?
We've heard a number of things from the community that have been included in our design.
- reduction in the height of the station canopy by 1.8 metres
- improved layout and pedestrian connectivity of the open space below the station platforms, including a landscaped forecourt and a local landmark, a tree of Indigenous significance
- relocation of Douglas Street substation away from new community forecourt
- new commuter toilets, lighting, and CCTV security.
Access to the station will be improved via the following:
- a new road from Ian Street to Leonard Avenue, creating better north-south connections for road users, pedestrians and cyclists
- a shared use path for pedestrians and cyclists, connecting Noble Park to the EastLink trail.
Note: Location of bus bays and kiss and ride are currently being finalised. Map is for illustration purposes only.
For a printable version please download the PDF version of this factsheet PDF, 860.6 KB.