Caulfield to Dandenong Area 2 Community Update – March 2018
01 Mar 2018
Image: View of the new Clayton Station from Carinish Road, Clayton
Crossings gone by mid-April
We’ve been ramping up work in Clayton to get ready for the removal of the two dangerous and congested level crossings in Clayton, and open the new Clayton Station by mid April.
We've finished installing track through the station area, and are also making great progress on rebuilding Clayton Station. We have continued paving works on the new station platform and installed more pieces of canopy, including the roof sections which will cover the new platform.
The station lifts will be installed along with the final pieces of the station canopy to get ready for the new station being operational in April.
From Friday 30 March, the team will launch into a 17-day construction blitz which will see two level crossings removed at Clayton and Centre roads, and the brand new Clayton Station open to the public.
Major works are underway to remove level crossings at Centre and Clayton roads and rebuild Clayton Station by the end of this year.
Image: Our Info Hub in Clayton
Earlier this month we opened the Clayton Information Hub.
The hub offers the community the chance to talk to our staff, grab extra information, and ask any questions they have about the project.
The hub opening hours are:
- Monday 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Every second Saturday 9:00am to 12 noon
Image: Clayton Station taking shape
We’re working hard to minimise disruptions for residents, commuters, local businesses and shoppers wherever possible.
However, there will be some disruptions including the following:
Carinish Road, Clayton
- Until mid-April 2018, Carinish Road will close intermittently from Kanooka Grove towards Clayton Road to rebuild Clayton Station. Please detour via Centre Road, Browns Road and Clayton Road. Local residential access will be maintained.
Clayton Road, Clayton
- Centre Road, Clayton, will be closed at the level crossing from 10:00pm to 6:00am each night on Sunday 25 March 2018 and Monday 26 March 2018. Minor delays can be expected. Please detour via Detour via Clayton Road, Fairbank Road and Westall Road.
- Buses will replace trains between Caulfield and Westall from 8:00pm until the last service each night from Monday 26 March to Thursday 29 March 2018.
- Buses will replace trains between Oakleigh and Dandenong from 12:30am Friday 30 March until the last service on Monday 2 April 2018.
- Buses will replace trains between Caulfield and Westall from the first service Tuesday 3 April until the last service on Sunday 15 April 2018.
Victoria's Big Build
Victoria is currently in a transport construction boom with 29 major road and rail projects being built.
Victoria's Big Build website provides information about travel disruptions for the major projects.
For more information, visit bigbuild.vic.gov.au/about
Foundation works to strengthen the ground commenced.
Removal of Clayton Station
First piers installed
First beams installed
Foundation works completed
Clayton Station design released
Twin track piers installed at Centre Road
Installation of parapets commenced
Beams installed over Clayton Road
Construction on Clayton Station
All piers installed
Beams installed over Centre Road
100 per cent of beams installed
Embankment construction started
100 per cent of new track laid
Commence installation of rail signalling
Clayton Station operational
Track and signalling complete
Clayton and Centre roads level crossings removed
Mid to late 2018
Open space landscaping complete
Bicycle and pedestrian path complete
Walking tours – back by popular demand
We were thrilled with the overwhelming interest in our Caulfield to Dandenong walking tours in January and February.
We want to make sure that everyone who is interested in these tours doesn’t miss out, so we’ve started an online register where you can express your interest in advance.
How do I register for future tours?
Email your name, phone number and which areas of the project you would be interested in seeing to email@example.com
Once enough people have registered interest, we will be in contact with the details of the next tour.
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project