Caulfield to Dandenong - Area 1 update: May 2018
29 May 2018
What we’ve been doing
Major works are underway to remove dangerous level crossings at Grange, Koornang, Murrumbeena and Poath roads and build brand new stations in Carnegie, Murrumbeena and Hughesdale. Now that all the spans between Caulfield and Hughesdale have been installed, we have demobilised the gantry cranes, straddle carrier and support beams from the assembly area in Murrumbeena.
You may have noticed that we have been ramping up works on the brand new stations, with the last piece of canopy now installed at Murrumbeena Station. We are continuing the canopy installation in Carnegie and the first pieces have been installed in Hughesdale.
Works are continuing on the ground level buildings at Murrumbeena and Carnegie stations, and the slabs for the buildings at the brand new Hughesdale Station have been laid. Other station works being undertaken at Hughesdale include the completion of the hollow core deck.
Track installation is progressing through in Carnegie and Murrumbeena and construction of the retaining walls in Hughesdale. These walls will tie in the existing tracks with the new elevated structure. Overhead wiring masts are being installed through in Carnegie and the first lengths of overhead wiring are in place.
What’s coming up
In the coming weeks the remaining sections of the Carnegie Station canopy will be installed and we will continue station platform works in both Murrumbeena, Carnegie and Hughesdale as well as installation of new track. While trains are not running in early June the removal of old ballast, track and overhead wiring along the corridor will begin to prepare for the new parkland which will be completed by the end of the year.
To maintain safety in Murrumbeena for truck movements, Neerim Road, Murrumbeena will require traffic management until late May 2018. Two-way traffic will be maintained. There will also be intermittent traffic management on Lorne Street, Girdwood Avenue, and Dandenong Service Road, Carnegie and Railway Parade, Hughesdale. Local access will be maintained.
Buses will replace trains:
- From 8:00pm Monday 21 May until last service Wednesday 23 May between Caulfield and Westall
- From 12:30am Saturday 26 May until last service Sunday 27 May between Caulfield and Dandenong
- From 8:00pm Tuesday 29 May to 8:00pm Friday 1 June between Caulfield and Westall
- From 8:00pm Friday 1 to Saturday 2 June between Flinders Street, Westall and Moorabbin (Frankston Line)
- From Sunday 3 to last service Friday 8 June between Caulfield and Westall
- From Saturday 9 to last service Monday 11 June between Flinders Street, Westall and Moorabbin (Frankston Line)
- From Tuesday 12 to last service Sunday 17 June between Caulfield and Westall
|November – December 2017|
|Mid – late 2018|
View this is PDF format PDF, 350.0 KB
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project