Aviation Road, Laverton community update - September 2019
05 Sep 2019
Road bridge retaining wall.
We’re in the final stages of work needed before the first vehicles can drive on the new road bridge across the rail line. You’re invited to come and take a sneak peek at the bridge before it opens. Be the first to walk over the bridge and check out the view from the top on Sunday 8 September.
There will also be a free sausage sizzle and entertainment for kids. Works will continue throughout September from Monday to Saturday from 7:00am to 7:00pm and each Sunday from 7:00am to 5:00pm.
At times, we will also need to work overnight.
What’s coming up
- Road bridge pavement works.
- Works to connect existing roads to the new bridge.
- Drainage works at Aircraft Station in mid-September.
- Lighting installation along Maher Road.
Bridge walk and family fun day
Come along for a sneak peek at the new road bridge before it opens to traffic. There will be food provided and free activities for kids, as well as an opportunity to chat to the project team.
When: Sunday 8 September, 10:00am to 1:00pm
Where: Aircraft Station car park, Laverton
To ensure road users can move safely through the area, and for the safety of our workers, there will be some off-peak lane closures and 40 kilometres per hour speed limits around the level crossing work zone. You’ll also notice:
- The Aircraft Station car park will be closed on Sunday 8 September for the sneak peek community event.
- From Monday 5 August until Sunday 15 September, some lanes will be closed at the Aviation Road roundabout in Laverton. Traffic will still be able to turn in and out of the roundabout in all directions.
- Maher Road will be reduced to one lane during the day throughout September. The road will remain open in both directions with traffic management in place.
- To minimise disruptions to daytime commuters, there will be a full road closure of Triholm Avenue, Aviation
Road and Railway Avenue from 9:00pm each night from Monday 7 October to Thursday 10 October. Detour signage will be in place to assist motorists. There may be some traffic delays in the area during these works, so please allow extra time for your journey.
Access to local homes and businesses will be maintained at all times. For your safety, take care when driving through the construction zone and obey any signage and directions from staff.
In mid-to-late September, there will be two weeks of night works on the pavement at the Aviation Road roundabout. More information will be provided in the lead up to these works. If any further out-of-hours work is required, we will provide additional notices to any residents and businesses that may be affected.
Map of the works area.
* Please note that the timeline above is subject to change.
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project