Keeping the community safe – responding to coronavirus
10 Aug 2020
Construction on level crossing removal projects on the following train lines have been deemed critical infrastructure works by the Victorian Government and will continue under Stage 4 restrictions with a reduced workforce and strict safety protocols in place:
- Hurstbridge line
- Frankston line
- Pakenham line
- Cranbourne line
- Werribee line
- Upfield line
- Craigieburn line
- Lilydale line
- Ballarat line
Work on a small number of level crossing removal projects have been deemed non-critical and paused as of Monday 10 August 2020. Works will resume when Stage 4 restrictions are lifted.
We will continue working remotely on our projects in the development and planning phases.
The health and safety of our workforce and community is always our top priority. We are taking important steps on-site to help stop the spread of coronavirus. These include:
- reducing the number of workers on-site to support directions from the Chief Health Officer
- making sure all construction sites have strict COVIDSafe Plans in place
- ensuring workers are wearing face coverings (unless they meet any of the criteria for an exception such as a medical condition or for OH&S guidelines)
- physical distancing measures
- increased hygiene practices.
Keeping you informed
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Contact Centre on 1800 105 105 or email@example.com.
Travelling for essential reasons
When using public transport or replacement buses for essential reasons:
- Everyone must wear a mask unless an exemption applies.
- Extra cleaning is being carried out on all bus replacement services to keep passengers and staff safe. All services, stops and stations are being disinfected and sanitised every day.
- Commuters are being asked to practise good hygiene while using public transport. Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you travel. Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow. If you are unwell, stay at home.
- Passengers are being reminded to keep their distance where they can and try travelling outside peak times when fewer people are using the network. When using escalators, try to stand four steps away from the person in front and avoid walking up or down.
For more information and advice about the coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the Victorian Government's coronavirus website.