Hurstbridge line: Three weeks down – three to go!
11 Apr 2018
We are halfway through the longest construction blitz the Level Crossing Removal Authority has undertaken. And we have achieved a lot!
In Rosanna we have ...
- Installed all 11 spans of the new elevated rail viaduct
- Lifted into place all 67 (50 tonne) concrete Super T beams with our green 750 tonne crane
- Installed all nine of the modular buildings that will soon become the new Rosanna Station
- Started installing the new station platforms on the elevated viaduct
- Made great progress with all the road works on and around Lower Plenty Road, including starting to install the new traffic signals.
Looking south towards Rosanna Station before the construction blitz
Looking south towards Rosanna Station today
Looking north towards Rosanna Station before the construction blitz
Looking north towards Rosanna Station today
At Grange we have …
- Built the Grange Road rail bridge – which is now open to traffic!
- Excavated the rail trench
- Shotcreted the trench walls
- Installed the approach ramps for the new Hamilton Street pedestrian bridge.
Grange Road level crossing before the construction blitz
Grange Road rail underpass today
In Heidelberg we have …
- Completed the Darebin Street underpass
- Laid 250 metres of track for the newly duplicated rail
- Installed the new overhead structures for the signals.
Hurstbridge line track duplication between Heidelberg and Rosanna stations before the construction blitz
Hurstbridge line track duplication between Heidelberg and Rosanna stations today
The remaining three weeks will be just as busy while we continue works 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure that on Monday 30 April 2018 trains will run under Grange Road, travel on duplicated rail between Rosanna and Heidelberg, and stop at the brand new Rosanna Station before travelling over Lower Plenty Road. We are nearly there!