Hurstbridge Line Duplication community consultation open
14 Oct 2020
The Hurstbridge Line Duplication will deliver further improvements on the Hurstbridge line, including more train services, less crowding on peak trains and better connections to public transport in Melbourne’s north east.
The improvements will include:
- a new station at Greensborough
- an upgraded Montmorency Station
- duplication of around 3 kilometres of track between the suburbs of Greensborough and Montmorency
- duplication of around 1.5 kilometres of track between the suburbs of Diamond Creek and Wattle Glen
- a new pedestrian connection at Parkway Drain behind Diamond Valley College, to enable safe access across the duplicated rail line for students and pedestrians
- signalling, power and rail infrastructure upgrades along sections of the Hurstbridge line
As we work on finalising the designs, we want to hear from you on aspects of these stations. We are asking for feedback on design elements including:
- Overall look and feel
- Public artwork
You can share your views by completing our online design survey. Just head to our online engagement hub on Engage Victoria.
The survey is open until 5pm Friday 6 November 2020.
You can also join us at an online community engagement event. The Greensborough event will be on Tuesday 27 October, and for Montmorency, on Wednesday 28 October. Information on how to register is on our Engage Victoria page.
Along with our technical investigations, your feedback will help us shape the final designs of this project.
Early works will be continuing over the coming months to help us progress planning for this project and we’ll be sharing our final designs with the community later this year.