Glenhuntly Station – car park closures
There are car parking closures in, and around the Glenhuntly Station precinct from Thursday 27 January 2022 to late 2023.
Alternative all-day parking is available at Caulfield Racecourse.
See below for more information.
Glenhuntly Station car park closures
While level crossing removal works take place, the following car space closures will be in place:
- Glen Huntly Road station car park (100 spaces) is closed from Thursday 27 January 2022 to late 2023
- Etna Street station car park (66 spaces) will be closed from early February 2022 to late 2023. During this time there will be no pedestrian access through the car park, pedestrians should detour via Etna and James streets.
- Royal Avenue station car park (15 spaces) closed from Tuesday 31 May 2022 to late 2023
Accessible parking closure
- Accessible parking at Glenhuntly Station will also close. Passengers requiring accessible parking are advised to use either Ormond or Carnegie stations.
Caulfield Racecourse alternative all-day parking
During the closure of sections of the Glenhuntly Station car park, the following alternative all-day parking is available at Caulfield Racecourse:
- Up to 110 car park spaces are available in the Guineas car park located off Queens Avenue, near the corner of Normanby Road.
- This is a 300m (3-4 min walk) to Caulfield Station.
- Please note this car park will not be available for rail passengers during select Caulfield race day events and alternative passenger parking locations may change during the project. Passengers will be advised of any changes ahead of time.
- Please ensure you adhere to all parking signage in the area
Due to special events Caulfield Racecourse alternative all-day parking is not available for rail passengers on the following days:
- Saturday 7 May, with the car park available again from Sunday 8 May
- Thursday 28 May, with the car park available again from Sunday 29 May.
Please ensure you adhere to all parking signage in the area.