Carrum Station – closure
Carrum Station will close at 1:15am on Saturday 6 July so works can progress on Carrum’s new rail bridge and station. The station's pedestrian underpass and the pedestrian level crossing at Station Street will also close.
Trains will run express through Carrum and shuttle buses between Seaford and Bonbeach stations will connect locals to train services.
The new modern Carrum Station opens in early 2020.
Signs will be in place and staff available to assist people moving through the area.
We aim to provide DDA compliant buses but if you require further support to travel, please contact PTV on 1800 800 007.
Train replacement buses
Buses will run between Seaford and Bonbeach stations to connect locals to train services.
- Shuttle buses to Seaford Station depart from the corner of McLeod Road and Station Street.
- Shuttle buses to Bonbeach Station depart from 12 McLeod Road.
Pedestrian shuttle buses
Between Saturday 6 July and Sunday 28 July a shuttle bus will provide pedestrians with safe access across the Frankston line, while we build the temporary pedestrian crossing 50 metres north of Carrum Station.
- Pedestrian shuttle buses to Station Street depart from the corner of Nepean Highway and Stephens Street.
- Pedestrian shuttle buses to Nepean Highway depart from the corner of McLeod Road and Station Street.
If you need help or can’t board a replacement bus, please contact PTV before travelling.
Alternative car parking
Drivers can use alternative parking near other stations on the Frankston line while Carrum Station is closed, including at:
- Seaford North Reserve
- Chelsea Library
- Bonbeach foreshore (off Williams Grove).
Parkiteer and bicycle hoops
- Passengers can use bicycle hoops at Bonbeach and Seaford stations or Parkiteer facilities at Chelsea and Seaford stations.
- The new Carrum Station will have bicycle hoops and Parkiteer facilities.
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project