The Victorian Government’s Women in Transport Mentoring Program is a six-month, industry-wide initiative offering professional development and networking opportunities. It is your opportunity to be part of the future of women in transport.
Round 2 of 2021 will run from 1 July to 31 December 2021 and participants are supported with three professional development sessions, ongoing assistance and monthly guidance to structure mentee-mentor meetings.
Round 2 applications for our 2021 program are open from 4 May to 31 May 2021. The program is open to anyone with at least one year of experience in the transport industry, whether in the public or private sector. Mentees must be female, mentors can be male or female with at least five years of experience in their field.
For information and to apply, please read our guide and access the link to the Mentorloop application form.
This mentoring program is delivered by the Level Crossing Removal Project as part of the Department of Transport’s $2 million Women in Transport package of initiatives and business improvements. It aims to encourage more women to enter and stay in the transport sector, which supports the Victorian Government’s Gender Equality Strategy.
Do you know someone who’d make a great mentor?
- at least 5 + years of experience in their field; and
- at least 1 year of experience in the transport industry
- be open and honest in sharing their knowledge, expertise and experiences
- offer honest feedback in a constructive manner
- be able to listen and provide guidance to mentees, allowing them to make their own decisions
- the development of their mentee
- demonstrating leadership by championing cross organisational integration and collaboration
- understanding the opportunities and barriers that women face at different levels in the transport industry
- developing their individual skills by contributing to the development of another
- self-reflection, where sharing experiences allows mentors to learn new insights about themselves.
Women in Transport mentor information session
Want to know more about being a mentor?
View the recording of our live-streamed information session where you can learn all about the Women in Transport Mentoring Program and how you can contribute to the future of women in transport as a mentor.