The Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is responsible for removing 75 level crossings across Melbourne, along with other rail network upgrades projects, including upgrading or constructing train stations, track duplication and train stabling yards.
We encourage the community to follow our social media channels and engage with us.
We will always endeavour to answer your queries and concerns in a timely manner.
We welcome constructive and courteous participation on our social media feeds.
Personal attacks and defamatory comments won't be tolerated.
We reserve the right to amend or delete derogatory, offensive, defamatory or spam material. Followers are reminded that offensive or aggressive language will be deleted.
If these warnings are ignored, individuals will be permanently banned from our channels.
Management of our social media follower base is entirely at the discretion of the LXRP.
Thank you for committing to respectful behaviour and conversations.
Our social media channels are monitored 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. If you have any urgent queries or matters that need addressing, please call 1800 105 105, (24 hours, 7 days)
How to lodge a complaint with the Public Transport Ombudsman
The Public Transport Ombudsman (PTO) is an independent office that investigates public transport complaints. The PTO provides fair, free and fast resolutions to public transport disputes and works with its members on systemic complaints to help improve the public transport system in Victoria.
The PTO handles complaints about public transport related issues such as:
- service delivery issues such as cancellations, reliability, punctuality and overcrowding
- myki and ticketing issues
- the use of land and premises by operators, including issues such as noise and dust emanating from public transport construction sites
- the condition and accessibility of public transport infrastructure and rolling stock. Examples include stations, station ramps, myki equipment, lifts, stairs, stops, train carriages, trams, buses, signs and passenger information notices
- the conduct of staff, including Authorised Officers and complaint handling staff.
You can complain to the PTO at any time if you are dissatisfied with our handling of your complaint.
Lodging your case with the Public Transport Ombudsman:
Receive emails on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Receive SMS on the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project
Stay up to date with the progress of the Level Crossing Removal Project