The Hurstbridge Rail Line Upgrade is being delivered under an Alliance framework by Laing O'Rourke, Fulton Hogan, Jacobs, the Level Crossing Removal Authority, and Metro Trains Melbourne. As principal contractor for the project, the Alliance will adopt and operate under Laing O'Rourke's Indigenous Participation Statement.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to providing leadership and opportunities for the advancement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and to ensuring positive outcomes for Indigenous communities as a result of our projects.
This Policy will be implemented in conjunction with contractual and government requirements and will be achieved by the following means:
- Ensuring all levels of management understand and accept their responsibilities in creating and extending opportunities and providing a culturally appropriate workplace for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participation within our delivery projects and head offices
- Encouraging and supporting open communication between management, Indigenous communities, clients, workers, unions and other service providers to increase and promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participation
- Developing and implementing constructive objectives and targets for the participation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people on our projects
- Providing opportunities for employment, training and skill enhancement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people on our projects
- Providing and facilitating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business development opportunities
- Committing sufficient resources and mentoring programmes for the effective implementation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples participation
- Identifying, within Indigenous Participation Plans, a management representative responsible for participation matters
- Ensuring subcontractors and service providers have appropriate abilities to meet and fulfil Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participation requirements and to assist in building their capabilities where required.
Our goal is to assist and encourage participation by Indigenous people and their communities across Australia to the mutual benefit of all concerned.
All Company personnel are required to actively cooperate and assist in achieving this goal.
Our policies are reviewed and updated annually to evolve with the world around us to make Laing O'Rourke the company of first choice for all stakeholders, whilst challenging and changing the image of construction worldwide.