The Hurstbridge Rail Line Upgrade is being delivered under an Alliance framework by Laing O'Rourke, Fulton Hogan, Jacobs, the Level Crossing Removal Authority, and Metro Trains Melbourne. As principal contractor for the project, the Alliance will adopt and operate under Laing O'Rourke's Communications Policy.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to consistent, effective and transparent communication both internally and externally. We lead by example and engage with others collaboratively and with respect. We can all help to protect our clients, supply chain and Laing O'Rourke by understanding and adhering to our detailed Corporate Communications Policy (available separately) and seeking guidance from the corporate communication team. This policy forms part of our global policy framework, underpinned by our Global Code of Conduct. We are committed to:
- Effectively managing our corporate communication channels; iGATE, Infoworks print & online, LOR website, YouTube and Twitter; and ensuring engaging content is available to the relevant audiences. Content such as;
- News in support of company strategy and key initiatives
- Experience, innovation and thought leadership in support of future work winning
- Major projects secured, in progress and complete
- Key staff movements and appointments
- Awards, opportunities and company activities
- Collaborative, employee-led initiatives and internal social networking
- Effectively managing proactive and reactive communication with the media and political bodies through a structured media relations and public affairs strategy
- Holding regular leadership forum, open to all staff; encouraging two-way dialogue
- Providing regular business unit updates from our leadership team on business and operational matters
- Promoting an open and supportive culture where employees feel able to voice their opinion and offer constructive feedback
- Utilising human resource processes, such as our annual appraisal system, to facilitate formal and less formal discussion of all aspects of personal performance and development
- Consistently applying our style guidelines toolkit to protect our visual identity and brand
- Independent staff surveys with the results made available to employees
Our policies are reviewed and updated regularly to react to client needs and evolve with the world around us to make Laing O'Rourke the company of first choice for all our stakeholders, whilst challenging and changing the image of construction worldwide. Laing O'Rourke is committed to ensuring that this policy is implemented in line with legislation, regulations and codes of practice, by all employees.
The Board of Directors of Laing O'Rourke fully endorse this policy.