The Caulfield to Dandenong Level Crossing Removal Project is removing nine level crossings and rebuilding five stations. The Cranbourne-Pakenham train line is Melbourne's busiest and is crossed by some of our most congested roads, with boom gates down for up to 82 minutes during the morning peak.
The Chandler Road level crossing removal is part of the Caulfield to Dandenong project, which involves removing nine level crossings, rebuilding five new stations at Carnegie, Murrumbeena, Hughesdale, Clayton and Noble Park.
Learn more about the Caulfield to Dandenong project.
Before and after images of the design
The maps below show an aerial view of the design. To ensure they are viewable on mobiles, tablets and desktops, we've split the images into sections. Please click on any of the images to open the image gallery.
Complete aerial view maps
Station precinct changes
Work has started to remove the Chandler Road level crossing and rebuild the Noble Park Station. This has involved the following changes to the station precinct which will come into effect from mid-October:
- Changes to the way you enter and exit Platform 2
- Temporary waiting room with CCTV and customer help point and safety zone on the platform*
- Relocation of myki machines and myki readers to the temporary station entrance.
- Pedestrian access changes at the underpass which will remain Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliant
- Width of Platform will be reduced but will remain Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliant
* Protective Services Officers will continue to patrol the station daily from 6:00pm until the last service.
While accessibility will be maintained, customers with special needs are encouraged to call the Community Information Line on 1800 762 667 to discuss specific requirements.
Car park closure
Noble Park Station Mons Parade car park is now closed until mid-2018 so we can start works to remove level crossings, construct elevated tracks and rebuild the station.
To ensure there is no loss of parking for rail customers during construction, the car park at Sandown Park has been extended to provide approximately 166 additional car spaces.
During construction, station car park users are encouraged to plan their travel and consider alternative transport to nearby stations and offset car park locations.
For your safety, please observe any signage and instructions put in place during these works.
We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation while we carry out these important works.
Call: 1800 762 667 (business hours – Monday to Friday and during out of hours works)