Balit Barring meaning ‘Strong Path’ in Woiwurrung language is LXRA’s Aboriginal Pathway to the broader Graduate Program. We welcome Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander undergraduates and recent graduate who are interested in being a part of the LXRA community.
Balit Barring is about starting your own story with LXRA. Core to the program is providing you with opportunities to build your own path through self-determination, working together to accomplish goals and sharing achievements.
“At LXRA, we recognise the benefits that a diverse an inclusive culture brings for our employees and in turn the Victorian community. Balit Barring focuses on building capability for our future generation and creating sustainable futures for Aboriginal Victorians. This is your path and your story.” Liz Allen, Aboriginal Employment Skills Advisor
Balit Barring’s recruitment process will include the follow steps
We would like to contact all interested applicants to discuss:
- Any questions about the program and
- Provide you with more details about the recruitment process.
You are welcome to contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0419 202 666 (text message available)
Online Application– Applications open from July 29th and will close 11:59pm AEDT 20 August
As part of your application, we would love to hear more about the achievements you are most proud of. This can be volunteer work you have done through your community or while at university.
The online application requires you to:
- respond to a series of eligibility questions
- upload a copy of your resume and academic transcript.
Contact will be made with you by a member of the LXRA Graduate team following submission of your application.
In addition to the general program support structure through buddies and mentors, Aboriginal Pathways graduates are offered the opportunity to have an Aboriginal mentor and to opportunity to attend Aboriginal networking opportunities with the Victorian Public Service (VPS). You will also be able to connect with Aboriginal Pathways graduates and alumni from across the VPS who can provide further support from a peer perspective.
Who we are looking for
Balit Barring encourages all Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander undergraduates and recent graduate to apply from the following disciplines;
- Communications/Public Relations/Media/Journalism/Marketing
- Accounting/ Finance/ Business
- Planning/Environment/Land Management/Sustainability
- Human Resources
To be eligible for LXRA’s Aboriginal Pathway you will meet the following criteria
- Be of Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Identify as being of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Completed an undergraduate degree within the last 3 years or will complete an undergraduate degree by the end of 2017
How to Apply
- Complete section 1 and 2 of this application form
- Send the following documents to email@example.com
- Completed application form
- A copy of your resume
- A copy of your academic transcript
To find out more information about Balit Barring including further information about the recruitment process, candidates are welcome to contact:
Senior Advisor, People & Culture
0419 202 666 (text message available)
Not quite ready for our Graduate Program yet?
LXRA also has other employment opportunities such as work experience and internships across a broad range of business areas. For more information please contact Jodie Le on the above details.